Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEAX 2400 SP30 using CISCO VPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

sos2715

Technical User
Jun 30, 2003
US
Our company uses the Cisco VPN to connect to the network.
When a remote user connects to the network and launches their SP30 the NEAX 2400 logs a MAC address, IP address and extension.

Problem is when a remote user connects the NEAX 2400 logs the VPN MAC address and not the computers MAC address so when the 2nd remote user launches their SP30 the 2400 see's the VPN MAC address and automatically re-assignes the extension from the 1st user to the 2nd remote user. CRAZY!

We spoke with Cisco and they said there is a way to program the 2400 to log computers MAC address and not the VPN MAC address. They have recieved several calls about this problem.

My question is how can I change the NEAX2400 to log the computers MAC address and not the VPN MAC address when users connect remotely?
Note: This only happens with users that work remotely not the
in house SP30's.

I know this sounds a little confusing but if you need more information let me know.

Steve

Steve

The MAC address does not have to be assigned in AMAC you can delete it.

In the SP-30 go to Config Settings (the screwdriver and wrench button on the SP-30) then go to the User tab and set auto login as required.

Give this a try, it works for us.

Victor

I can delete it in AMAC but when the user logs back in the 2400 logs the MAC address

I'll try the Auto Login suggestions

Thanks
Steve

Steve

On the 2400 that I work on the MAC is only loged if I use the Dterm password assigned in ADTM under the advanced tab "Dterm IP MAC Address Registration Password". If I use the station number as the LOGIN and PASSWORD then MAC is not regestered.

Are you using the station number as the password? If not try using it.

Victor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back