Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEAX 2000IVS and Matworx over TCP/IP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

baddos

MIS
Dec 3, 2002
US
Is it possible to have matworx use TCP/IP to manage an IVS2000?

Currently we manage it via dialup modem, but would like to switch to TCP/IP if possible. Our PBX does have a network card and IP address and I can ping it. I've tried setting the matworx to connect to it via TCP/IP but it fails. I'm not sure if the port number is something that I need to change.

Just tried it, it comes back saying the device is not responding. :(

Lets back up a second. Your post says it's an IVS2000. That would be the first generation of the system and not compatible with IP connectivity. You could install an AP-01 card but that is only for the old ACD add on. If you have the newer IPS (CP-24/26 CPU with LAN connection) then it should work with IP. Can you ping the PBX IP address from the MAT terminal?

I can ping the PBX from any computer. The NEC does have a network card in it, but we did used to have an ACD server but it is no longer used. If that card is only used for that, I am very sad. :(

baddos,

That IP and port are used for many different connections. ACD uses the OAI port 60030 whereas the IP MAT connection uses port 60000. It's possible you have an IPLA in your system and your ping it as it will have a different IP address assigned to it.

If your using MatWorx, Just connect using your dial-up connection and from MatWorx goto System | Lan Interface and do a lookup for the IP address that is assigned to this interface.

Again this is IVS it does not have TCP/IP Mat connectivity.

The AP01 is only used for OAI/ACD

Mextera

Thanks for your help guys, just have to keep this modem around I guess. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back