Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEAX 2000 - Troubleshooting T1 Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

cb250

IS-IT--Management
Mar 30, 2005
US
I have to apologize from the beginning. My background is in IT, and I just recently became involved with the day-to-day duties of administering an NEAX 2000 system. My PBX experience is still extremely limited.

We have been plagued with an unreliable PRI T1 circuit. In one month's time, we have had at least 9 outages. It is getting to the point where we may have to fall back on our provider's satisfaction guarantee to back out of our contract. My problem is that I don't really know when the circuit drops unless someone calls to complain. I fear that the circuit is dropping much more frequently, and I would like to provide the repair technicians with as much data as possible.

I would like to be able to monitor the circuit from my side. Is it possible to check T1 stats from the PRI card in the system? I have grown dependant on my IT monitoring system for WAN links and servers. I really don't like being in the dark. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

CDB

What revision of 2000 do you have? If a new enough you could use the PBX to do a SNMP messaging.

Mextera

It is the NEAX 2000 IPS. We just installed it last month. Can you tell me how to get more specific revision information from the system?

Thanks,

CDB

As a 2000 IPS recently installed you can use SNMP messaging to alert you. Kind of heavy to do but do you have access to a IPS System manual? If so read up on SNMP.

Mextera

Thanks mextera. I have been reading up on SNMP in the System Manual. It looks like this will integrate will with our existing monitoring system. Thanks again.

CDB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back