Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEAX 2000 IVS2 "WD ERROR"

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEAXMAN

Technical User
May 21, 2014
US
Hi all,

Have just acquired an NEAX 2000 IVS2, and I'm starting to program it. One issue I have is that I'm getting a "WD ERROR" message when I'm in CAT mode. For example, in command 10 when assigning a LEN, and press EXE, it does't say "OK", but "WD ERROR". I initially reset the system to the Resident System program with SW3 on "C", and now cleared the whole system but nothing seems to work. Please let me know any ideas. Thanks!

If you factory defaulted the system with a CP-14 CPU, then you lost the IVR registration number. See CMD F83>0. If it's gone then your CPU is useless. NEC took down the IVR server years ago so you cannot log in to get it regenerated. The IPS CPU (CP-24) retains the number so a factory reset will not lose it. A word of caution to anyone that gets a used NEC IVS or IVS2 system (CP-00/03/14/16). Go into CMD F83>0 and write down the IVR number. If you have it you can plug it back in.

Thanks for your reply. I wish I would have known that earlier! I went into CMD F83>0 and "NONE" showed up. Can an IPS CPU be placed into an IVS2?

Yes, it can be used. Check the licensing in CMD F80>001 and scroll through it to see what you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back