Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEAX 2000 + AD-64 Softkey menu download

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javamahn

Technical User
Mar 14, 2001
US
Can someone tell me the steps for the softkeys menu to download from the AD-64. I have a cable that is connected to the CPU in PIM 0 and I see that the settings in AD-64 have the menu download port on Com 2. If I plug in the cable do I need to do anything to start the download of the softkey menu to the IPS?

Restart the VM server and it will download the softkeys provided the comm link to the PBX is correct.

NEC has dialed into our voicemail system and says that there is a software problem and the the softkey menu is not being downloaded as a result. The AD-64 is EOL last December and EOS this December. Is there an "in skin" alternative for my 2000IPS 3PIM system that will give us the softkeys we are used to? Even if I upgrade Ad-64 from version 2.53 to 2.55 which is the last version released there is no guarantees that anything will work. This setup is too "kludgy" for me to invest more money into a "maybe". Any help will be apprciated.

You say that NEC dialed into your system but I would suspect that it was your NEC vendor. I have never seen a software issue that caused Soft Keys to stop working. Have you tested the Com ports on the Voicemail PC. has your vendor rebooted the AD64 into the "alternate" mode and watched as it booted to see if the softkeys where being downloaded or not. Have you rebooted the phone system prior to trying the download. I would suspect that their is something other than software corruption that is stopping them from loading. Their is other in-skin voicemail systems suck as IM16LX that will work in the 2000 IPS. But they also have or will be discontinued soon since the 2000 platform has been discontinued. Have you considered upgrading to the SV8300 system? NEC has some very good deals right now and giving credit for all the licenses you have already purchased, plus all of your terminals can migrate to the new system

One other thing that might be stopping the download is if the cable to load the softkeys is connected to RS1 on the CPU and the modem SW4 on the CPU is on. Turn SW4 off (if it's on) and that will disable the CPU modem. Reboot the VM server and see if that works. If it does be sure to turn SW4 back on so the system modem will answer.

Well I got the softkeys working again but really by shear luck more than a set fix. Our vendor was out here and he worked with NEC for 3 hours. They did dial in and complained that our version was old and would need to be updated and that would fix the problem. Eventually I ended up putting a comport sniffer on the server to look for any traffic. The log files kept showing the voicemail was unable to open Serial Port 2 even though I had shut down PC Anywhere and connected the cable from CPU0 to com port 2 as the installation CD recommended. I ran the sniffer tool and opened the port with it. I beleive that may have allowed the flow of the softkey menu. The logfile confirmed the upload and so we are good again. Until the next power shutdown..:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back