Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEAX 1400 IMS- Need to change announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

humpdadog

Vendor
Dec 12, 2002
US
We have an old NEAX 1400 IMS switch at a hotel here in Las Vegas, customer inherited it when they bought hotel in Feb. Just experienced power outage & lost greeting, now greeting just says "Hello". You can dial to extensions during this pause or just stay on line & will dial operator who can then direct your call. Need to know how to change greeting, get into mailbox or whatever it is. Have absolutely no documentation. Any help will be immensely appreciated. We want to get rid of this switch eventually & sell them a hotel/motel package, any suggestions? Thanks in advance. Craig (aka humpdadog).

To bjsvec:
I don't know this system at all, didn't see a DAT card just a lot LT cards & what I assume to be processor cards. Customer says there is no voicemail just this greeting. When I called NEAX tech support in TX (I'm not a certified dealer just a five-star dealer) they couldn't help me but he mentioned an announcement. If it is a voice mail what is the code for the voice mail group I can dial in remotely & when the greeting comes on isn't there a code that would let me check my messages, or make greeting changes etc.? Such a small thing to do yet I'm stumped without any documentation. Since I'm not "certified" can't get any technical help anywhere else. Although I've been working on systems since 1968!! Kinda frustrating. Let me know anything you can help with. Thanks
craig@lvtelecom.com

Well, you could check CM10 and look for a LEN programmed with EBXX that would be a digital announcement. Then check CM49 to see how it is being used and then CM20 to find the existing access codes or create a new set of access codes to play, record delete. Do you have modem access to the system? Maybe I can take a look at it for you..

To bjsvec:
Like I mentioned, I don't know a thing about this switch, sounds like you're saying those are commands into the switch for programming. don't know how to get into the programming mode. Nor is there a modem, I'll go back to the customer & check some more. Please email your tel no & I can call you from the site.
craig@lvtelecom.com

Go to command 3003, 3004 and 3005 to find out where trunks are ringing to. If trunks are DIT'd to an ext. or Voice mail you will see a value of 04 beside the trunk number. A value of 09, I think, is a DAT card. Also if you have DAT cards in the switch you will see a red and black jumper wire for the battery pack on the front of the card.

Jerry Pannell
techs@sclb.com

TO SCLB:
Thanks, good info, don't know how to get to those commands tho, it don't know this switch at all, I'll look for the red & black wires from bat to Dat. Basically, I just want to change the greeting. Any help with that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all for your help. humpdadog. CW

There may be an access code already established to perform recordings on the 2DATA card in the PBX. The access code is not a "fixed" code, you have to establish one within the Numbering Plan (Command 20). But, what ever it is, you dial the code followed by the specific DATA card number you want to record on. For example, if the code was "70", you would dial 70 then XXX. XXX represents the card assignment in Command 10 (the EBxxx as told by the posting from bjsvec). The xxx can be 000 through 127. Being able to check Command 200 to find the access code is needed.

As a side note the value of "09" in Command 3003 & 3004 means the telco trunk is told to go to the PBX's interanl "Automated Attendant" where it would hear the recording on the DAT card. From there, the caller dials the desired extension. The 1400IMS and 2000IVS are the same in this application.

To technical user:
Thanks for good info once again. Had to leave the state for an emergency job in Atlanta on the 22nd, just now got back, I'll try your suggestions asap. Thanks so much.

There is a Dat installed in your system... The Dat looks very much like any other card with the exception of a green cap on the card. The dat was programed for AA.

misbob:
Thanks, but how do you change the greeting? Still have not recvd an answer. What do you dial, is there a default password? Does anyone know this answer? All other vm's have an admin ext, admin passwd, etc. What is this one? Everyone has been helpful in identifying the card, etc, but so far no help in changing the greeting. Thanks all.
humpdadog

The DAT card is not necessarily related to VM. Although, it can be used similarly with respect to the DAT card performing Automated Attendant features. Are you using the DAT for UCD Delay Announcement or Automated Attendant? The two are to different applications.

Please see my previous posting on July 23rd. The first paragraph states how the card is programmed in Command 10 and then access codes are made in Command 20 to perform; Record, Delete & Replay the announcements on the card.

There is no default Access code for the DAT card. You have to assign one in Command 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back