Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NEAC 2000 IVS2 and AD-40 problems 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

roaming

IS-IT--Management
Feb 1, 2005
US
Hello everyone;
I am new to the voice area so this will be a very stupid question, but I am in a real bind. Please HELP !! [sad]

I tried to swap a couple of DTerm seris extensions using MATWorX Studio 3.5 (this is the CD I found, I inherited this system). However, the swap did not work.
I found many on this forum advising aginst it, so I just re-swpped the stations using MATWorX and swpped them on the punch-down panel. The problem is still that:

* When calling any of the swapped extensions, it will just ring and will NOT go into voice mail. Operator is also unable to send to voice mail.
* other problem when one of the extensions ring, user cannot hear the ring tone. he can see the phone flashing but no tone.

I know these are very simple and stupid , but I am very new to this inherited environment. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The malfunctioning phone is for a not-very-understanding VP.

THanks

The call forwarding is not set on the Dterms. Dial *6+the voice mail ext. on the phone or go to command E603>ext>vmail pilot number execute. To make the phone ring, Command 9001>ext,button number>1 execute. Also command 5115>tenent number>voice mail ext execute; and 5118>tenent number>voice mail ext execute.

Thank you very much for you note. tried *6+voice mail, but keep getting busy signal ??

OOps, just got it.

Fixin, thank very much voice mail works now.

As for the phone ringing, when you say command>9001ext, got this part. what do you mean button>1 ?

Thanks a million

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back