Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NDR Error 553 PLEASE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

mzysk

IS-IT--Management
Jan 18, 2005
US
Hi

Do you guys know how to fix this error

There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator.
<test.test.com #5.5.0 smtp;553 Requested action not taken: mailbox name not allowed or chunk too large>

I can't find anything to resolve this issue I found something about special characters in a e-mail address but that's not it. PLEASE HELP

Are you just trying to send a blank email or do you have an attachment or large amount of text? What happens if you open a telnet session using port 25 (eg. telnet mail.bcsit.com.au 25) to the remote mail server? Are you able to send a test email through telnet? Does this happen to every domain you try to send to?

Dylan

I like children. If they're properly cooked.
-- W.C. Fields

No just one Domain didn't have that problem last week it just happened.

No we are not relaying we have our own one thing I don't understand is last week it was fine I haven't changed anything on my exchange and the guy on the other side swears that their stuff is fine. It has to be something in the middle or their side but the question is what is it. I have never got this error before so it's new to me. Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back