Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ndd setting on SunOS 5.9 Generic_117171-17

Status
Not open for further replies.

unixguy007

IS-IT--Management
Feb 2, 2005
US
Hello all,

/bi On boot in the messages file

bash-2.05# grep -i link /var/adm/messages
May 2 06:20:11 galahad lpfc: [ID 728700 kern.warning] WARNING: lpfc0:1303:LKe:Link Up Event x1 received Data: x1 x0 x8 x0
May 2 06:20:28 galahad hme: [ID 517527 kern.info] SUNW,hme0 : 100 Mbps Full-Duplex Link Up

however when I

bash-2.05# ndd -get /dev/hme link_mode
bash-2.05# ndd -get /dev/hme link_speed

Which tells me I am running 10 / half, anyone know of any issues here? Also entries in the system file are

bash-2.05# grep hme /etc/system
set hme:hme_adv_autoneg_cap=0
set hme:hme_adv_100fdx_cap=1
set hme:hme_adv_100hdx_cap=0
set hme:hme_adv_10hdx_cap=0
set hme:hme_adv_10hdx_cap=0

Thanks for any help

We have an Ultra-2 running Solaris 9 117171-02 with two hme interfaces and it behaves as you (and I) would expect. So I've no idea what's going on there...

Annihilannic.

Have you tried manually issuing the above commands, or if desperate boot -r
Is you network capable of the required speed? On our test systems we run at the same speed as yourself, speed is dictated by our network people.

Some routers (sorry I forget which ones) will not work with autoneg_cap=0, although they will work with it enabled and only one speed/mode enabled and autoneg_cap=1 and always run at that speed. It has something to do with the way certain routers function, such that even with a locked speed they will demand the autonegotiation to identify that speed properly.

Can not remember when the last "boot -r" was done but it was within the last year and nothing has changed on the system since. The network is gigibit and my core is a:

cisco 6509 loaded with 10/100/1000 blades

forced to: Full-duplex, 100Mb/s

Ideas???

I always had to have our Cisco devices hard set to 100 FDX, which appears you have done as well. Odds are it might just be a bug in the system, do you have the latest patches for that driver? I would do a netstat -i (I believe it is) and check for collisions and what not. Also check the port on the Cisco device. Odds are though if your system is not hanging up and running fine, then it might just be a bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back