Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NCR P1520 MSR Keyboard Wedge

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpetling

IS-IT--Management
Jan 27, 2014
US
One of our clients was looking to re-use the NCR-P1520 All in One station with Credit Card Swipe. We have been able to get everything configured for this station except the MSR to work. We need to get the MSR to function as a Keyboard Wedge. I have installed the Software package from NCR's website using the file: P15xx_3.5.0.7.msi

In the MSR tab there is an option to start the MSR Keyboard Wedge but this is all greyed out. Saying that MSR Type cannot be secure to start this. The MSR Type above this section shows as Secure (Encrypted) but I am not seeing any option to change this.

I know the swipe works since we can swipe a card in the OPOS section with the MSR Test and see the data in there. It is not appearing within notepad though which is needed using this MSR Keyboard Wedge. Any help would be appreciated in getting this working.

It is because newer versions of Aloha use Radiant MSR to function, disabling KB wedge. I usually download an older version of P15xx that doesn't contain the Secure MSR or change the MSR type to OPOS in Aloha Manager for this terminal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back