Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

[NCP500] Multiple time tables? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokeyjones

Programmer
Sep 9, 2015
GB
I'm trying to have just one extension (214) ring from 7.30am to 8.30am and then the main office group (601) ring from 8.30am to 4pm before ext 214 takes over again between 4pm and 6pm. Night mode should then activate between 6pm and 7.30am with no audible rings and diverting to voicemail after no answer.

I have setup the different schedules in 2 time tables but can't see anywhere to specify how they are applied.

Is what I'm trying to do possible?

Try setting Break mode from 0730-0830, Day mode from 0830-1600, Lunch mode from 1600-1800, and Night mode 1800-2359 and 0000-0730.

Then you can use the Day/Break/Lunch/Night mode redirects in the DID/DIL section to redirect the calls to the appropriate destination.

(Caveat: I can't remember if the NCP allows you to have Lunch/Break outside of Day mode)

break is easier to do outside hours as lunch has to go to day for at least 1 minute to go to night

you can use break 3 times at any time, so

set day from 8:30 to 6:00. set break 1 to 7:30 to 8:30 and break 2 to 16:00 to 18:00 then set night from 18:00 to 8:30.

time_service_t4qzec.png

set day to ring in ddi to 601. break mode to 214 and night mode to 602 with a member set to no ring and intercept to voicemail after 10 seconds

what voicemail are you you using the SVM or built-in tvp

Voicemail is using the built in TVP AFAIK - using 591. I've setup the breaks as follows:

Break 1: 7.30-8.30 (214)
Day 1: 8.30-12 (601)
Lunch: 12-13 (601)
Day 2: 13-16 (601)
Break 2: 16-18 (214)
Night: 16-7.30 (602)

I've done it this way as we have multiple incoming numbers and wanted to be able to use only one for the break time settings and the others to 'end' at 4pm. Will this work or is your suggestion better?

I am not sure what you mean. If you want differend ddi's to go to different places and the times dont match fully by putting different groups for each time mode
Say one ddi rings 8:30 to 9:30 to 601 and a different number needs to ring from 7:30 to 11 to 602. i would set the ddi into different tennents and they will use different time table
591 id the svm voicemail and if you intercept a group to 591 it will go to the mailbox of extension in first entry of the group
You dont need to use lunch if you dont need it to switch between 1-2

Apologies for not being clear. Is there a reason you suggested Day from 8.30-18, Break2 from 16-18 and Night from 18-08.30 rather than what I'd originally set i.e. Day from 8.30-16, Break2 16-18 and Night 16-8.30?

Thanks for clearing up the voicemail bit too - yes, I'd already read up about the first extension listed in the group being the default mailbox. What I'm struggling with now is the time before voicemail intercepts the call. in group settings - overflow no answer, I have 601 redirect to 591 during the day period with a 30s overflow time. I then have 605 (a no ring group as you suggested above) set to redirect to 591 at night with a 10s overflow time. In the DDI/DID Table, I have 601 listed in the day and 605 listed at night.

However, if I ring in now (i.e. at night), it still takes 30s to intercept to voicemail. If I change 601 to 10s (despite only having an entry in the day field), then voicemail intercepts after 10s regardless of time. Although I can specify differing overflow times, only the value associated with 601 has any effect. All other ring and group patterns work correctly now bar the voicemail settings.

did you try manual switching to test time service mode is working, if you have overflow no answer night for group 605 and ddi table is pointed to that it should follow. does the time table look like the one I posted?

No, I haven't tried the test time service mode. Here are the current settings:

Capture_bvq2lo.png

Capture2_tc2zps.png

Capture3_wfka7z.png

it all looks good, only thing I can think of is it is not following the ddi table and is hitting 601 by default

when calling in at night does the phones also ring or just lights flash

The lights just flash as expected. Everything else appears to be working as set and intended, just not the voicemail overflow time. I feel like I'm so close and yet so far!

The operator is also set currently to 601 for all time periods - would that have any bearing on it?

it could, if the number is not matched coming in it will default to the operator settings.

if changing the timer on 601 changes what happens in all time modes then either the number is not matching ddi table or time service is not changing. a manual time change and test would check that. sip trace will show what is coming in

Thanks, I'll try that. I assume the manual time change has to be done at a handset?

Yes and allowed in system cos

Either program a time service key or *7801-*7803 day,night,lunch and break

I haven't been able to try manually switching the time periods yet but... Interestingly (and oddly), with the settings above, the 'School' DDI redirects to voicemail as intended (i.e. after 10s) during the Break1 period but still uses the 30s setting during Break2 and Night settings.

Strange alright. You will have to be there ro see them switch so you can see whats happening. The worst thing is to presume it is doing what you want

I've now had a chance to physically watch the time service changing between periods: Break 1 switches correctly to Day which switches to Lunch and then back to Day as in the above screenshot. However, although Day then switches to Break 2 correctly, at 6pm Break 2 switches back to Day rather than going to Night mode. Is this likely to be another setting somewhere or have I found a bug?

SOLVED! I have set the Break 2 end time to 17:59 and Day to end at 18:00. I seem to remember reading in another thread that there needed to be at least a 1min gap between Lunch and Night periods for the switching to happen correctly so applied the same logic here which appears to have worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back