Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

[NCP500] External call restrictions 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokeyjones

Programmer
Sep 9, 2015
GB
I would like to restrict one extension (214) from being able to dial external numbers during the 'Day' period, except for emergency numbers. Alternatively, I wondered whether it might be possible to add a PIN to the extension so only those that knew it could make external calls?

Can anyone suggest ways I might be able to achieve what I'm after?

OK, thanks, I've done that in 4.1.1 Extension Settings - what is the expected behaviour of Class 7 and can I modify it for time period and which numbers can be dialed, etc?

Edit: Thanks to your clue, I think I've found what I'm looking for. I've changed COS 14 to have TRS levels of Day:7, Lunch:7, Break:3 and Night:7 and specified Level 3 Denied Codes to be 00, 070, 09 and 118. I've then set extension 214 to COS 14. I'm hoping this will allow 214 to dial all except premium and international numbers during Break periods and restrict all outgoing calls at all other times. Does that sound right?

And I'm assuming that whatever numbers I put in the Emergency Dial list will override the call restrictions regardless of settings?

They are pre set ones and you can add numbers in emergency numbers table

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between TRS and the External Call Block feature? When would it be preferable to use one over the other?

Edit: I think External Call Block controls which Classes have access to which Trunk Groups and TRS determines particular numbers that may or may not be dialed by different Classes.

Trs controls the numbers that any extension can dial

External block is used to block line access to class of service and trunk groups

This is used mosly when you have multi tennent setup
internal block will stop calls between two different class of service groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back