Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NCP Caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigglesnz11

Technical User
Nov 3, 2005
NZ
Had a customer call in, they had just had caller ID activated on their trunks (POTS) and on an incoming call the calling number shows up , but not the name associated with the caller ID ( which is set up in the speed dial table) It should just work. so I tried the setup on our own NCP ( which has SIP trunks ) and I have a similar situation, I can place a call to my DDI and I get calling number but no name, call another DDI and I get Name and number. I have gone thru all settings in the mtce console and compared settings , but cant find any differences. Any Ideas?
NCP 500 with SIP trunks and running V7 software, KX-7433 keyphones and connected to DHLC4 card

There can be a few reasons for this.

If it seems an extensions bound problem:

Check the caller id feature in 4.1.1 - options 5, incoming call display, this is the most obviuous.

This is especially frequent if the system was upgraded from previous versions importing th database.

Older versions (maybe up to v5): while the phone was ringing, pressing transfer caused the phone to cycle through different info if the call info didn't fit the display (i.e. 1 line or 3 line phones), THEN THE SETTING REMAINED, so if you chose (say) CO line name, the phone stopped showing the caller id number and name. The chnanged setting was reflected in the programming, of course. This was found to be confusing.

New versions: the setting is now NO LONGER stored after being changed by the user pressing the transfer button while ringing ; but if the user had unintentionally changed the setting while the system was running an older version, the changed setting is carried over when the database is converted to the new version and it stays that way.

If it seems a systemwide problem

After that, carefully check the general address book. Have a look and see if the same number is stored with different or no names. Also check if the system can partially match another entry which has a different or no name, i.e. 05854 and 05854668

enter speed dial just as it is displayed from sip provider google voice for example sends a 11 prefix for some reason so i had to change speedial entries to look like this to get your issue to work 911413123456 perhaps there is a place in ncp that lets ncp ignore 11 prefix

Apparently there is a bug in version 7, the same fault is appearing on multiple systems. Just waiting on results to come back regarding traces sent to panasonic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back