Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NCOS Group Limits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blighter

MIS
Aug 16, 2001
GB
Hi All

I have a customer who insists that I set up more than 8 NCOS groups (0 to 7) for his phonesets.

I know that there are potentially 99 NCOS groups, but I thought that 8 to 99 were for ESN Time of Day Routing Controls.

However, against my better judgement I have attempted to set this up for my customer and now this problem is driving me up the wall!

I have set up NCOS 9 with FRL 3 in LD 87, NCOS 9 with Allow all in LD 49, but when I assign this NCOS to the phoneset, we are unable to make any calls. Have I missed something, or are 8 NCOS groups the limit for phonesets?

Many thanks in advance for your help
Regards
Blighter

Blighter,
quick answer, check LD 21 RDB for outgoing calls and check FRL to FCR mapping. If FRL 3 - 0 and LD 49 table 0 is barred then calls will fail, set RDB FRL 3 to 9 and this should work. The sets need to be TLD also

MERTECH

All so is the ncos of the trunk group you are going out over set up to that ncos 9

Thanks Mertech and Phone Dude

In the RDB, FRL to FCR mapping was set to 3-3. FCR 3 was set to deny all in LD 49.

I have made the changes and it now works ok.

Thanks again
Blighter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back