Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NCOS, FRL & RLI

Status
Not open for further replies.

marig

IS-IT--Management
Sep 16, 2002
US
I am trying to get a handle on the relationship between NCOS & FRL and RLIs...[AND CLS by the way...I haven't even begun to research how that all fits in]

Our switch was programmed years ago. Since then a new area code has been added in to our calling area. Calling some numbers with that area code (262) is considered a local call. Calling other numbers are considered long distance, in-state calls.

I'm trying to set up certain phones to only be able to call local calls (including the local calls with the 262 area code). I cannot figure out how to do this properly with NCOS, FRL & RLI because of the fact that some 262s are "local" and some are "long distance". I'm sure there are other places that have this same problem.

Anyone point me in the right direction?

thanks

To Screen calls what is local or what is long distance in same area code you would use fcas tables than you allow nxx and what is not in that fcas table is deny

That’s my 5 cents to your question

Art

in my area we have area codes that have some local and lond distance prefixes also. However, if it is a toll call you still have to dial 1+, if its local you dial without the 1.

this makes it easy. We have 1+npa pointed to a RLI with a higher FRL and the local NPA without the 1 pointed to a rli with a lower FRL.

if this is not the case in your area - FCAS is the way to go.

Okay, I think I will have to go the FCAS route - now where do I find a published list of NXXs that are considered "local". I'm assuming I have to get this from my phone company somehow...

the phone books usually list npas and nxx local from the nxx you are in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back