Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NCOS & FRL Help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiggerlady

Technical User
Dec 13, 2010
US
We have seven NCOSs that were set up by our vendor when the system was installed 3 years ago. NCOS 2 allows internal only. We were told that the NCOS of 3 would allow internal and local only however, it allows LD as well. In fact, all NCOS 3 and above allow LD. The NCOS and FRL #s all match, i.e. NCOS 0=FRL 0, etc.

How do I changed the NCOS or FRL (or both) of 3 to only allow internal and local dialing?

Have a look at LD 49 > PRT > FCR

Each CRNO No. should associate with the NCOS No.

There should be allow and deny tables.

Have a look at what digits are allow and deny to see if that ties in with what you can dial on each NCOS.

Also do you have CLS = TLD on the phone sets also, you need that to use FCR tables.

I had looked at LD 49 before at the CRNO and this is all I get:

CRNO 0

CRNO 1

CRNO 2

etc.

No association with NCOS or any allow and deny tables.

I had read somewhere else that CLS should be set to CTD (Conditionally Toll Denied - I assume) in order for NCOS to take affect but that didn't make any difference. Any NCOS 3 or above could still dial LD. I've now tried TLD (Toll Denied - I assume) and I can't dial anything except internal on any NCOS.

Any suggestions?

If you know what RLB is being used print it out in LD 86 and look at the FRL----see what it is---it sounds like it is 3 instead of the 4 or higher you thought.

If you are not sure what RLB is used---go into ld 90

ld 900
ESN000

MEM AVAIL: (U/P): 98572750 USED U P: 4877517 184674 TOT: 103634941
DISK SPACE NEEDED: 229 KBYTES
REQ prt
CUST 0
FEAT net
TRAN ac1
TYPE npa

NPA--either an areacode or return for all.

CTD is the CLS to use in order for NCOS to be used. TLD restricts all LD calls and does not use ESN for checking permissions. Check your Route List Blocks in LD 86 to verify what FRl they are set to. You may haver to change them to have the proper access. Remember FRL is like money to get on the bus, if it costs $4 and you only have $3, you can't ride.

It's a phone system, NOT a clock!

Here's what I know:

All domestic NPAs are set to RLI 7, all Canadian NPAs are set to RLI 11 and all Caribbean NPAs are set to RLI 10.

All our NCOSs have matching FRLs, i.e. NCOS 0= FRL 0, NSOC 1 = FRL 1, etc.

I printed out RLI 7 in LD86 and here's what I got:

RLI 7
ENTR 0
LTER NO
ROUT 3
TOD 0 ON 1 ON 2 ON 3 ON
4 ON 5 ON 6 ON 7 ON
VNS NO
CNV NO
EXP NO
FRL 7
DMI 0
FCI 0
FSNI 0
SBOC NRR
IDBB DBD
IOHQ NO
OHQ NO
CBQ NO

ENTR 1
LTER NO
ROUT 1
TOD 0 ON 1 ON 2 ON 3 ON
4 ON 5 ON 6 ON 7 ON
VNS NO
SCNV NO
CNV NO
EXP NO
FRL 3
DMI 0
ISDM 0
FCI 0
FSNI 0
DORG NO
SBOC NRR
IDBB DBD
IOHQ NO
OHQ NO
CBQ NO

ISET 1
NALT 5
MFRL 5
OVLL 0

Where do I go from here in making my NCOS of 3 be internal and local (863 area code) only and how do I block some NXXs in the 863 area code for NSOC of 3 but not others?

If you are in the USA, you are probably not using LD49 for anything. Don't pursue that.

As posted, I would identify the RLIs used for each call type, (or create them), then change the FRL value.

Remember, in ALL cases, a higher FRL means "more restricted". I would avoid change the NCTL if at all possible.

Of interest, your RLI 7 is probably set up wrong, because the first choice is more restricted than the second choice. ENTR 0 = FRL 7 and ENTR 1 = FRL 3. So, do you want people to use the first or second entry?

--
Nortel Resources at GHTROUT.com World Famous!
--

The NCOS of the set has to be equal to or greater than in order for the phone to use that facility. As someone stated earlier adjust the FRL in the RLI in order to restrict the phone.
PDL123

In our switch, all domestic NPAs have a RLI of 7. I adjusted the FRL of RLI 7 to 4 instead of 3 and was still able to place a LD call on a phone with a NCOS of 3.

Our RLI of 7 has two entries - Entry 0 is routed out a PRI and is for faxes and modems only - all these lines have NCOS of 7. Entry 1 is routed out our public SIP trunks.

Just for grins what if you adjust the NCOS of the phone to a 2

PDL123

Yes in the UK we use LD 49 > FCR tables.

These are allow and deny tables, normally use from 1 to 7.

1 is internal only and 7 is unrestricted.

2 - 6 progressively get less restricted.

Makes it easy to manage restrictions, but i guess your in US.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back