Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NCC - SIP is ok but Network skillset gives silent calls, no voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabtek

IS-IT--Management
Jul 13, 2005
CH
We have 3 CCMS and 1 NCC

I have a problem with the NCC between site B and C.

We can call each site using sip, ext to ext, it works fine.
The network skillset between A and B are working.

But calling site C DDI and queueing to site B, the phone rings at site B but there is no voice.

C calling B over sip works fine.

I believe it’s not a network issue since the phone can call each other when they dial directly over SIP. If we call the callpilot over sip we can hear the message, so I beleive TLAN to Voice Vlan connectivity is ok.

I don’t know where we should look at, is there something to do on the NCC server ? I have review the logs but it doesn’t show anything relevant.

How important is the NACD setup ? Would it work without it ? I have review the NACD setup, what's the timer for ? It's set to 0

If the NCC is working correctly, does the NACD setup is used by NCC to route calls ? I would like to understand what's needed and where I should look at.

thank you
Sam

Has it always done this or has the problem started recently? You may want to check with your network team and have them do a trace to ensure the voice path in/out are taking the same route and not traversing different network equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back