Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ncb500 and Panasonic key management system

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobred1

Technical User
Mar 19, 2013
US
We've come upon a new cnb500(never used or activated) and want to get it setup. I'm familiar with some older panasonic systems and nortel's, have the console setup and the documentation is proving to be straight forward, but we have no access to the key management system in order to activate everything. I've gotten in contact with a local shop that is a panasonic retailer and is willing to do the activation for us, but I wanted to confirm that this is pretty much our only choice. Ideally I'd like to keep everything in house, and not have to rely on these guys being around in 5 years when there is some sort of problem.

So you are not a Panasonic Dealer?

If not, you may want to let them help you set it up and then they may show you how to manage it.

Setting it up and managing it isn't a problem, this thing is a cakewalk compared to the older systems. Panasonic just seems to have it locked down so only people in their dealer network can get it rolling. Kinda ridiculous. I'm sure I'll have to pay someone $125 hour minimum to remote in and spend 10 minutes activating it. I understand this sort of thing on software, which is so easily copied and pirated, but on something so hardware based like a phone system this is just a poor business practice.

Can you imagine if a car manufacturer tried this same sort of thing? You can resell your chevy but you'll need to pay one of our dealers a fee for the new owner to start the car the first time. Ha.

Sounds like you didn't do you homework before you purchased. All major phones system require you to be a authorized reseller of their products to purchase and or buy additional keycodes.

all the activation codes for KMS are purchased thru a dealer and then activated thru the KMS system, a new unused NCp would only have a MPR card in it( well thats how we buy them here)

When we purchase a new NCP from the distributor it only has the cabinet and the MPR card and SD card with software. That system has to be registered before it will operate. Only authorized dealers have access to paanacare to do this.

That only needs to be done the one time.

If you buy a new car you must purchase through a dealership.

After that IG is a used car and anybody can sell it.

make sure who ever turns on the ncp500 for you bumps it up to latest revision and sells you the right dsp or this system will only support TDM .....

Ours are useable straight out of the box, Just use the KMS to activate additional software as required

So what doesnt work on the overseas systems? installed a NCP500 today, plug in a 2BRI cars, DLC8 card, 4DHLC card, turn it on, basic programming, training and c u later.
I suppose it is like cell phones, here there is only 1 small provider that locks their phones to their network, otherwise install whatever sim card you like (within reason as one carrier uses GSM and the other main carrier uses an XT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back