Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NBX V3001 VS IPSEC VPN (LINUX BASED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltpitt

IS-IT--Management
Mar 21, 2011
IT
Hi all!

I have a very small branch office (with a single phone) and we're using Linux (racoon) to connect it via VPN to our nbx v3001.

The phone rings but no voice gets to the phone.

What am I doing wrong?

No audio both side ?
IP Phone had a static IP ??
NBX had ip-on-fly ?
NBX use a static ip for each device ?

Port on Firewall open udp 2093-2094-2095-2096

Hi my friend...

No audio on both sides...

NBX and Phone and adsl external connection have all static ip.

The little netgear router / firewall (I use in the branch office) to connect to a linux ipsec vpn server maybe should be configured with port forwarding you suggested?

Thanks for your help!

You must have STATIC IP LIcence on NBX or IP-ON-FLY .
Because if you see , normally on same LAN each phone haven't ip address set , all work via mac-address .

For conencted on other LAN each Device on LAN with NBX need IP .

Correct you have signalling , but not have audio because device on same LAN NBX haven 't IP .

This is not so clear to me...

I have this problem because my astaro firewall (that was acting as vpn ipsec server) subscription is ended so I thought to use racoon on linux to prepare a vpn ipsec server for free.

Is this helpful to understand better the scenario?

Thank you for your kind helpò

Hi sorry , before crash your astaro all work fine ??

Yes my friend.

The astaro license died and because of cheap netgear routers in branch offices I'm forced to use a free ipsec vpn server with preshared key (only vpn supported on the branch offices' side).

I thought about linux and I've chosen racoon to prepare a vpn server.

It worked great for computer and applications but the phone is acting as I've told: it reacts to ping, it rings but no audio both ways.

OK ,

Only port open for voice is udp 2093-2094-2095-2096 and only one port for signalling TCP 1040 if i remember correct .

If default gateway is same of older astaro , you need trace with wireshark if you have packet incoming to side NBX ( udp 2093-2094-2095-2096 ) and packet out to side Phone ( udp 2093-2094-2095-2096 ) .

Only one port 2093-2094-2095-2096 transport voice , in this moment i don't remenber

I finally got it!

There were two problems:

a) a static route to be added (to let nbx communicate successfully BOTH ways with the branch office) and
b) NAT *has* to be disabled to let the phone work correctly when using my linux vpn server and SADLY gateway for internet

So now I need to find out if I can use both of the functions at the same time... :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back