Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NBX v3000 Auto Attendant question

Status
Not open for further replies.

smorks

Programmer
Aug 5, 2009
CA
Is there a way to so you have a menu tree like:

1 for support
2 for sales
3 for consulting

etc, etc. But also have give them the ability to enter a persons extension as well, even though our 3-digit extensions are from 200-399.

I have tried using the DialPlan to achieve this, but with no success. Any ideas?

your question is kinda confusing but if I understand correctly, the answer is yes.

Then click on add or click on the existing AA to edit.

Go to the menu tree of this menu....now we will call this the main menu. in the menu tree, options 2 and 3 will need to be set as reserved in dialplan....this will give the callers the ability to dial 200-399 extensions at any time.

as for the other menu options, you will need to use menu options 4-9 for those.

sorry about the confusing question, i wasn't sure how to word it.

i've got the part about setting it to reserved in dial plan for 2 and 3 if they want to dial an extension, but is there also a way to have different menu options for 2 and 3 as well? say if they just hit "2" instead of an extension?

does that clear it up at all?

No, you cannot use the same number for multiple destinations.
You can use another number to enter a sub menu so like
1 for support
2 for sales
3 for consulting
4 Enter submenu ( have 2 and 3 reserved in dialplan)
"If you know your parties extension, you may press 4 and their extension."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back