Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NBX 3000 says "Sending Download Me to ff:ff:ff:ff:ff"

Status
Not open for further replies.

predding42

IS-IT--Management
Dec 17, 2009
US
I have a NBX 3000 chassis, a 3com analog switch, and the matching phones from a fully functional system that was pulled out of a closing business. Everything seems in working order, but when i try to through Putty or Hyper Terminal with 9600,8,1,N set I get the following at my command prompt:
" Sending Download Me to ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff"
This repeats every 30 seconds, no matter what commands I enter.
I think I should reset the NBX 3000 to default, or load a new firmware, but I do not know how to do either. I am dying here, any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Did you get any assistance or resolution to this?

[yinyang] What goes around - comes around. [wink]
The Old Man

I'm a newbie, but hyperterminal is good for resetting the password.

Try running wireshark to find what subnet it thinks it's on. Then assign that subnet and mask to your router to get into the web interface.

I would say port scan the network for the open port 80 but if you don't have the info about the network it came off of and you can't get it from wireshark, then sorry :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back