Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NBX 100 newb (Auto Attendant Queastion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

merc187

IS-IT--Management
Sep 8, 2009
US
Install was a breeze but config is proving to be challenging. Currently when a call comes in the AA answers. The company I did the install for wants the call to come in and ring to all phones 3 times then have the auto attendant
answer the call. IS this possible?

Also, how do I set up group paging? Not as important as the first question but if you have time...

Thanks in advance!

Jim

This assumes that you are running version 6.0.x of the software and using analog lines. If you are on another version or are using a PRI this will not work.

First create the Hunt Group under call distribution groups. Make it a calling croup and add the users. Set the AA as the call coverage. Set the per device and total timeout to the same number of seconds. 3Com counts 1 ring as 6 seconds, so 3 rings is 18 seconds. Make note of the extension assigned after clicking OK.

Under PSTN Gateway configuration, for each port set the open auto extension to the Hunt Group extension.

For paging , that is under Feature Settings > Page Zones. Create new zones and add the users to the zones.

Thanks for the response! I will give this a shot when I get in there tonight and no one is on the phone. This is my first taste of a 3COM phone system. Shoretel, Aspect, Nortel and Talk Switch systems are what I am used too.

On the version number - This only works with Version 6 or version 6 and above? Can't remember what version it is offhand. Again, thanks for the help.

Running version R4_3_17. So I am sure this is not going to be an option. I did have another question though if I may.

This system is only using two 4 port analog cards. The company currently has 12 lines in service. from the 10/66 block the lines are crimped into RJ11 jacks 2 lines at a time. On every other line, if somone calls in the number they get rolled to just rings with no answer. I am guessing that the old panasonic system we are replacing split the 2 numbers on the card. Is the NBX capable of this as well?

Also, when I go into NetSet> Device Config> Line Card Ports tow off my ports show "Offline" however I still get calls into those ports. What causes this and how can I change it? I tried to reset the card with no joy.

THanks again for the help!

On the NBX, 1 port is 1 Line. You will need 12 ports to use 12 lines.
You really should be running version 6.0.64 on the NBX.

You can do what I said above to configure the NBX on version 4, it just uses a different interface called "Tab To It" not the newer interface.

At the main screen click on the yellow folder, that will take you to Tab to it.
On the bottom row, click on Huntgroups and create your huntgroup. Use the settings above.

On the 3rd group down, 3rd tab over click on Line card ports. highlight each and click modify one at a time. Set the AutoExt: to the extension of the hunt group.

You can setup the Page Zones under the user setup section in the page zones tab.

Make sure that under System Configuration - Business Settings you have input the proper Business Hours for the company. This is in 24hr format (military time)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back