Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NBU 5.0 LTO1 and LTO2 media and drives mix

Status
Not open for further replies.

yelhammar

Instructor
Mar 16, 2004
MA
We’ve done recently done an upgrade to STK library by adding 3 LTO2 drives, so actually the L700 is configured with 8 x LTO1 and 3 x LTO2.

Withing NBU SSO, I’ve reconfigured storage units with the wizard and it adds a new storage unit of type hcart2. LTO2 type medias add to the robot and placed in different pool. Backups runs just fine. we would like to use the existing LTO1 medias with the new add LTO2 storage unit in accordance to the assumed to backward compatibility of LTO1 medias on LTO2 drives.

When I configure a policy with hcart2 storage unit and a pool with hcart2 , it’s working fine, but when configuring the same policy with LTO1 media pool, the backup fails with error 96: “unable to allocate a new media” and it refuses to use LTO1 medias on the configured pool.

Is there a way to configure NBU to use both LTO1 and LTO2 media within an LTO2 storage unit.

Thanks in advance for your kind help

how can I change media type to hcart2 for LTO1 medias already configured as hcart ?

I've used vmchange -new_mt hcart2 -m media_id
to change the media type.

media type has changed but the backup still failing with unavailable media error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back