Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NB 6.0 MP4 - delete client after client decommissioned

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalgaryCR9

Technical User
Aug 12, 2005
CA
One of my netbackup clients was decommissioned without removing all traces of it from Netbackup.

As a result the Media Manager, tape drives, robot, storage unit, and associated tapes cannot be removed from Netbackup.

How do I get rid of these items? Every attempt of deleting wants the decommissioned host's Media Manager daemons stopped and restarted.

Tapes associated with this decommissioned host are expired and frozen:

jmamer@pd7bs1no>sudo bpmedialist -h pd7doc3no
Server Host = pd7doc3no

id rl images allocated last updated density kbytes restores
vimages expiration last read <------- STATUS ------->
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D00316 1 50 06/30/2008 03:40 08/12/2008 09:11 hcart 18380544 0
0 08/26/2008 09:11 N/A EXPIRED FROZEN

I00413 1 43 07/14/2008 03:16 08/18/2008 03:00 hcart 22245696 0
0 09/01/2008 03:00 N/A EXPIRED FROZEN

Do you actually mean a client or a MEDIA SERVER?

Yea, it sounds like you're talking about a Media server. Is your master server on a Unix platform or Windows? Be careful expiring tapes in your backups as you probably have data from other clients on them that could still be valid.

I wanted to remove the tape drives, robot, etc associated with the policy that is no longer valid or available. Everything that had the policy name (client) needs to be removed.

I checked the tapes mentioned previously and no valid data was stored and I expired them.

My dilemma is getting rid of drives, etc for this policy/client.

You should be able to remove the Storage Unit (STU) and the obsolete policies in the GUI. You might want to explore tpconfig on the master at command line and go through the menu's to remove the STU if the GUI won't work for you. (Unless of course you didn't set it up using tpconfig.) You may have to do some work in the /usr/openv/netbackup directories to manually remove the invalid configs. (Not reccommended unless you are 100% positive about what you are doing!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back