Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NB 5.0 patch release (mp fp)???

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxx01

Technical User
Jan 31, 2004
US
Right now, we are running a 4.5 fp6 in a windows 2k environment. 1 Master and about 11 media servers. All windows.

We are planning to upgrade to 5.0 fairly soon but am trying to find out what Veritas is going to do with 5.0 in terms of mp and fp paths. In 4.5, it took a veritas consulting engagement (for something else though) to figure out how and why there were two paths (still don't see why there are two).

I know there is 5.0 mp1a available, but does anyone know if Veritas is going to create an FP path again? Please, if anyone knows of any links and documents referencing their plans on this, i would greatly appreciate it.

As far as I know it - The FP/MP path is no longer. I have just upgraded our master to v5MP1a and it is running just fine.

Phantom, thanks for your response. So hopefully, they got rid of the fp path and "mp" will be used for all patches and updates.

As I understood it but ... They may change their minds again?

From a tech within Veritas when I asked this very question;

....Yes, we are looking for NBU 5.1 to be GA in the July timeframe. June is the timeframe for MP and July for FP and 5.1.

So it looks to me as though the MP anf FP paths remain!

Stay tuned!

And I got a different response from another tech??? I do not think they even know what they are doing on this issue??

Yes, I always hear conflicting information from the Veritas techs, consultants, engineers, etc... list goes on and on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back