Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Navigation

Status
Not open for further replies.

seabaz2000

IS-IT--Management
Feb 24, 2006
IE
Hi
I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a good javascript navigation tool. i.e. one that would list the number of pages in a certain section of a site and allow the user to browse them by clicking on the links on the navigation buttons.

Well, javascript isn't really the only thing you would need for this kind of thing. Ideally you would gather the list of pages server-side and output the data to the page (maybe as a list of links, maybe as a javascript array of data).

You could use AJAX to fire off a request to the server to bring back a list of files... this requires just as much back-end coding (if not more).

Maybe have a think about how it will look on the page... and then describe it to us a little more.

Cheers,
Jeff

[tt]Jeff's Page @ Code Couch
[/tt]

What is Javascript? FAQ216-6094

Jeff,
What I am intending to do is to create a site based on a single web page. This site will contain many javascript functions, each function will contain many lines of code and then when they are called, the code will be populated in specified tables. Based on the number of functions for each particular section I will know how many links to put in. e.g. I have five functions, I will now need five buttons, something that looks like

1 2 3 4 5 Next>>

Each button contains a hyperlink to a javascript function so that when the user clicks on a button the table will load with whatever was in the javascript function.
I hope this makes sense.
Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back