Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Navigation Button Images (Next,Prev,First,Last, Etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auguy

Programmer
May 1, 2004
US
VB.Net 2008 Windows Forms. I have several buttons on my form for navigation, add record, delete record, etc. on my table. I want to have an image like other programs with the arrow or double arrow, etc. I have found some images like "DataContainer_MoveNextHS" that seem like a good choice. But is there a way to eliminate the black background and just see the arrow, or are there some other icons or bmp's I should be using? I would like the image to look like it is part of the button with the same back color.

Auguy
Sylvania/Toledo Ohio

Thanks Zameer, I will check it out.

Auguy
Sylvania/Toledo Ohio

OK, I've managed to find a few png files like DataContainer_MoveFirstHS.png, DeleteHS.png, etc. that work great. I had to unzip the file containg them. I'm looking for an image for adding or edting a record. I found a couple of png files with "pencils" for editing and "+" signs for adding a record, but they both contain multiple images and I cannot figure out how to specify which of the images to display on the button. Must be somthing simple (I hope). Mostly I'm looking for stndard images like add, edit, save, undo, print, delete, cancel, etc.

Auguy
Sylvania/Toledo Ohio

Just do a google search for the images you want is just about any format (jpg, png, etc.) then use a program like irfanview ( to convert to .png and resize to the desired size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back