Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NAVCE 7.6 on WinXP - Scan stops for one user, not others

Status
Not open for further replies.

glennho

IS-IT--Management
May 15, 2002
US
NAVCE, v7.6, managed, - on XP machine, after major manual uninstall and (finally!) clean install (scanning used to crash it). Definitions are current, communication with "mother" not a prob, evidenced by verbose Symantec logs.

Logged on as administrator, or any other user, even new profile, scans are no problem.
With the major user, who may have (read PROBABLY) diddled permissions somewhere, the scan stops, saying "Scan stopped by user".
Event viewer, all logging enabled, shows nothing.

I've done everything Symantec Knowledgebase suggests.
Not due to high volume of infected files.
Temp files are empty.
Disabling Boot Scan makes no diff.
Running their registry hack for verbose logging eventually says Walking thread crashed.

I'm stumped

All users permissions set for Full.
Only hitch is Creator Owner - those permissions on root C: won't change, period, no matter what I do, and I don't know if I can delete that role or not - it might kill other apps (?!)
Don't know where else to go...
- g

I am using NAV Corporate Edition 7.6 and have a user who upgraded from 98 to XP. All other Full versions of XP work fine with NAV CE. The upgraded version does not. Anybody know why??? Thanks Stephen Sarachman
ssarachm@msn.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back