Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NAV for Exchange & MAPI mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

benbino

Programmer
Jan 15, 2002
US
I am running an Exchange 5.5 server (SP 4 build 2653.23) with NAV for Exchange as anti-virus protection. For some reason NAV is having trouble running consistently, shutting down just 10 minutes after it has started running. In doing some research on Symantec's site, they say that switching the NAV server into MAPI mode for 72 hours and then back again to VAPI/MAPI mode will solve the problem.

The problem is that each time I switch the serve into MAPI mode, it doesn't stick but defaults back to VAPI/MAPI. I've updated Exchange 5.5 with all the latest service packs (double checked with HFNetCheck Pro), and am running NAV 2.8. Has anyone encountered this before?

MAPI/VAPI combination no problems here. I did have to turn off the real time virus scanner in the system tray as it was conflicting with the other scanning the system does on e-mail.

on our site we used MAPI (I think) for a while but it severely interfered with our back up software...the back up software would time out after about 3 hours. We switched to VAPI/MAPI and it was fine. The only time we had a problem was after the most recent patchings the NAV for Exchange wouldn't load properly, a simple uninstall/reinstall fixed the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back