Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NAV Corporate Scan Lock

Status
Not open for further replies.

SchickWa

IS-IT--Management
Sep 3, 2001
AU
Have a lock happening on scan only. Will sit is the taskbar np's but try to run scan and system freezes. The drive is networked, client says it has been working until recently. The drive had remnants of various Kakworms which have been removed. Any ideas??

More information : The lock up happens during the first few moments of the scan.. when it reaches the boot sector reference. The machine is a client machine running of a server located in the next state. was working fine until recently however no new software has been installed. Only email coming in and DAT files for NAV CE. Hmmm has anyone heard of the definition files from the 22/8 causing "issues" or am I barking up the wrong tree. Symantec either wont help or dont know :( and my client has spent a lot of moola upgrading to the software on a national level.

I could use some help because the server Techs in the next state have no idea :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back