Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NAV: BSOD at Windows 98 logon screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eggie1

Technical User
Apr 11, 2002
AU
Greetings,
I have installed NAV on a windows 98 machine. When it boots up and loads the logon screen, it hangs. Immediately after it hangs for a minute or so the PC gets a Blue Screen Of Death. I went into the pc in safe mode successfully and removed NAV. Rebooted the pc and it was ok. I moved anything resembling NAV from the registry, restarted, re-installed and still the same problem. Does anyone have any suggestions other then to reimage/reformat?
Thanks,
Mick.

I have seen issues with Norton on Win9x machines that have locked up on the Win98 screen and sometimes (rarely) on the logon screen, never allowing a log on. This was caused by the sound card. This was NAV CE so this may not help. The sound card I have seen lock up was the AW35/37. It appears it may have an IRQ conflict with something initializing. Did you see any conflicts on Control panel during safe mode (you may not be able to tell). Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back