Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nav bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawsie

IS-IT--Management
Jan 6, 2003
CA
I created my links to open in a new browser window, how can I change the message showing on top of the Navigation bar? My new browser window is without a menu.

Sawsie

I'm not quite sure what you mean- I'm assuming you mean the page title?

you do that in the head section of the page
<head>
<title> put the title of the page here </title>
</head> Sometimes, when my code just won't behave, I take it outside and make it listen to britney spears music, and when it comes back it's really well behaved. I wonder if it's suffering from post tramatic stress syndrome now..

Or just type the title into the text area called &quot;Title:&quot; and DW will insert it for you. (You may have to edit page properties in earlier versions I cant remember)

Cheech [Peace][Pipe]
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.
Groucho Marx (1895-1977)

I realize that, but what about when I have a link that opens a new window browser without any menu, I need to change the title for this new window? changing the title will only change the original page title that the link is in.

Thanks

Sawsie

the page title is dictated by the head tags of the displayed document.

Change title in that page unless you are opening someone elses page in which case you cant do it. Unless you frame the page and put a dummy frame with the page title of your choice.

Cheech [Peace][Pipe]
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.
Groucho Marx (1895-1977)

Thank you for your help.

Sawsie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back