Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NAV 2003 problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MI2000

MIS
Dec 5, 2002
US
Hi,

Here is my problem: I have installed NAV 2003 on a 98 machine suspected to have a virus. It will not let me run a virus scan. evidently the virus is not allowing me to run the scan (or even open NAV). i have successfully run live update but that did not help(can't find out name of virus). I tried running the online scan from the symantec site but it requires IE 6.0 which i would download but the computer i am working on connects at around 31.2 ha!

I know the Klez virus causes the simptoms the machine is having. I downloaded and ran the klezfix tool only to find out that that is not it. i'm sure there are other viruses that cause this problem. Has anyone experieced this and if so what virus was the cause of your problem? or does anyone have any other helpfull ides on how to specify the exact virus or viruses that the computer may have?

Any help on the matter will be gratly appreciated!

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back