Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NAV 10 - Setting exclusions for multiple machines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smugg

IS-IT--Management
Mar 5, 2001
US
We have close to 100 PCs and laptops which all have Radmin installed and manually configuring exclusion files on these machines is a big pain.

Is there a way to export and import an exclusion file from one machine to many? Does anyone know where NAV stores the list of exclusions?

Thanks in advance,

Scott

Are you talking about NAV 10 for Macintosh or SAV 10 for Windows?

Yes, what KeepersID said. We use SAV 10 for Windows.

Thanks.

you can setup a group on the server and setup universal exclusions for the group...

assuming this is NAVCE 10

We took a crack at setting up the server and attempting to manage clients. Honestly, it just created more headaches than it resolved. Remote clients were always behind... updates weren't pushing to clients with a certain internal app installed... so we scrapped it.

Does anyone know where Symantec stores the exclusion info locally? If I know that, I may be able to hack something together thats portable.

Thanks.

Sounds like you are running Symantec Antivirus 10.0
Have you tried 10.0.2? I can reliably say that I have no problem managing 1000+ clients with one server.

10.0 was horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back