Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NAT translation for VPN 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mufka

ISP
Dec 18, 2000
US
On a 1601R router, I have NAT installed. I need to allow external users to access a VPN server on the internal network. How would I do the translation. It appears that I can't do "ip nat inside source static gre" , etc. I can setup an access list for GRE but how to I pass the traffic?

Thanks

do you have the commands.....

ip nat inside - on the ethernet interface
ip nat outside - on the serial interface.

david e

Yes. And all the other nat functions work fine. i have an internal mail server and web server and those ports pass ok.

Sorry for the long time before an update, just wondering if you've found a solution to your problem yet?

david e

Try this !--
interface Tunnel0
! Tunnel interface 0
ip address 192.168.20.2 255.255.255.0
! Ip address of the gre tunnel interface 0
tunnel source Ethernet0 or Serial
! Ip source of the tunnel

I really forgot how to do this, but this should get you started. Hope this helps

I think the issue is the IOS. I think the GRE protocol is not supported until 12.1.5. Let me know if I'm wrong.

Did you manage to get GRE/PPTP to NAT translate correctly?
I'm looking at it at the moment and considered doing:-

'ip nat inside source static gre' to statically translate to the the PPTP server on the LAN. Does this not work, or is it not an option?

Secondly you need to statically translate 1723 port also. Is this correct?

Ta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back