Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NAT question

Status
Not open for further replies.

felihad

IS-IT--Management
Apr 21, 2004
US
Hello,

I configured a cisco 2620 as nat box.

Everything works ok, user can go out and surf, user can come in and connect to specifics hosts on specific ports, like remote desktop, secure shell, ftp, etc.

My situation is that everything is behind that nat box in a private network 192.168.10.x, so, when i tried to browse an internal web site using the public nat address i can not see it, for instance:

I have web server: internal ip 192.168.10.x and an external nat address of 64.xxxxx, so, if i am internally and try to go to our dns will resolve to the public ip's and do like a double nat and i think this is no possible.

Please help.

Set up a host file on your internal PC that maps to the internal IP address.(I would have used but that's a real website you know ;-))

Or, you can set up an internal DNS servers that maps it.

Chris.

Chris Andrew, CCNA, CCSA
chris@iproute.co.uk

Thanks ! Chris i will try a let you know. oops ! i did not realize that xxxxxxx was real web site.

you should also be able to setup acl on the dns server to deny accept requests based on ip address of the client request so that the ip address served back is internal or external.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back