Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nasty Rockwell Modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonnyjim

IS-IT--Management
Oct 23, 2001
EU
I have a 56k Internal Rockwell modem , I have no details for it , no guide or anything at all. And no driver.

Upon installation on Win98 its found as an Unsupported Device - no matter what coms port I put it on.

This is causin major stress - does anyone have any drivers or advice?

Rockwell Internal Modem
R6645-20
V.6.15

Try a google search for rockwell problems. Several sites that have better information than here. Ed Fair
efair@atlnet.com

Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply.

Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

I think Rockwell also makes chipsets. (Microchip inside the modem that makes it work).

Look at the model info on the modem and go look for a Rockwell site on the internet and try to find a driver for it. Most Modem manufacturers have a website with drivers.
Sometimes a generic driver based on the chipset will also work. Some modems were also upgradable. In other words it could be possible to upgrade a modem by downloading a file and flashing the programmable firmware inside the modem. If you do not like my post feel free to point out your opinion or my errors.

SURE GIVE ME A BELL IF YOU HAVE NO LUCK I HAVE SEVERAL DISK FULL OF MODEM DRIVERS FOR THE ROCKWELL RANGE!

LC

All Rockwell drivers are on my modems page. Cheers,
Jim
iamcan.gif

I've now resolved it - Thanks people!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back