Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nars Bars 101 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnpoole

Programmer
May 26, 2004
US
Short and sweet approach to bars/nars..

1st thing to look at is ld 87 nctl

Code:
OVL000
>ld 87
ESN000

MEM AVAIL: (U/P): 11661176    USED U P: 2955448 718799    TOT: 15335423
DISK SPACE NEEDED: 1253 KBYTES
2MB BACKUP DISKETTE(S) NEEDED: 1  (PROJECTED LD43 - BKO)
REQ  prt
CUST 0
FEAT nctl
NRNG 0 7

SOHQ NO
SCBQ YES
CBTL 20

[COLOR=red]NCOS 0[/color]

EQA  NO
[COLOR=red]FRL  0[/color]
RWTA NO
NSC  NO
OHQ  NO
CBQ  YES
RETT 10
RETC 5
ROUT I
RADT 0
SPRI 0
MPRI 0
PROM 0

NCOS 7

EQA  NO
FRL  7
RWTA NO
NSC  NO
OHQ  NO
CBQ  YES
RETT 10
RETC 5
ROUT I
RADT 0
SPRI 0
MPRI 0
PROM 0

notice that each of the 1st seven ncos's are married to the matching frl. that is the most common way to do that. you can use translators and ncos's above 7 but very few good reasons for doing that come to mind.

after that, you need an rlb, ld 86. that does two basic things, assigns a frl and point a call to a route.. facility restriction level, because of nctl, allows a caller with an ncos that matches or exceds the frl take that route..

Code:
>ld 86
ESN000

MEM AVAIL: (U/P): 11652276    USED U P: 2964348 718799    TOT: 15335423
DISK SPACE NEEDED: 1253 KBYTES
2MB BACKUP DISKETTE(S) NEEDED: 1  (PROJECTED LD43 - BKO)
REQ  prt
CUST 0
FEAT rlb
RLI  6

RLI  0
ENTR 0
LTER NO
[COLOR=red]ROUT 6[/color]
TOD  0 ON  1 ON  2 ON  3 ON
     4 ON  5 ON  6 ON  7 ON
VNS  NO
CNV  NO
EXP  NO
[COLOR=red]FRL  1[/color]
DMI  0
FCI  0
FSNI 0
SBOC NRR
IDBB DBA
IOHQ NO
OHQ  NO
CBQ  NO

[COLOR=blue]ENTR 1[/color]
LTER NO
ROUT 35
TOD  0 ON  1 ON  2 ON  3 ON
     4 ON  5 ON  6 ON  7 ON
VNS  NO
CNV  NO
EXP  NO
[COLOR=blue]FRL  4
DMI  6[/color]
FCI  0
FSNI 0
SBOC NRR
IDBB DBA
IOHQ NO
OHQ  NO
CBQ  NO

notice, that the rlb can have several entries, in this one entry 0, allows ncos 1 and above to use route 6. entry 1 allows overflow to route 35 for users with ncos 4 and above. also worth notice is DMI 6.. a dmi is used when the dialed string does not match the needed digits.. for this entry, user dials 777+ 4 digits, if the overflow route is used the dgt inserts 1803 and sends the call to a long distance route.. here;s a sample dgt

Code:
DMI  6
DEL  0
INST 1803
CTYP NCHG
only thing to mention is the del is for the number of digits, the 9 (ac1) is not part of the count.. if the user dials 91864, and i need to strip the area code, use del 4.. the rest of the path in ld 90. npa (area code) nxx (exchange) and spn (911) entries.. they just point to a rlb

Code:
REQ  prt
CUST 0
FEAT net
TRAN ac1
TYPE nxx

NXX  749

NXX  749
RLI  6
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

REQ  prt
CUST 0
FEAT net
TRAN ac1
TYPE npa

NPA  1213

NPA  1213
RLI  2
[COLOR=red]DENY 555[/color]

SDRR DENY CODES = 1
ITEI NONE

not much in those table except the possible deny line, which in this case blocks all calls to 555 after 1213

Once you see the path end to end, changes and additions are not that bad. .. in quick steps, user dials 9, (ac1) that sends the call to ld 90, the next digits (1864) finds a match, that sends him to ld 86 (rlb) if his ncos is at least equal to the frl, the call is sent out on the route, if the route is all busy or the ncos is to low, in that same rlb, each entry is checked.. if a idle trunk is found, the call goes out. if not fast busy (120 ipm) is returned to the user..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks, John for the info. I will be going to Richardson this summer for course 0302c (database configuration) and hope to make some sense of this part of the switch.

I just got back from richardson where I took the 0302c course, Database config and management. It did not go into great detail on NARS/BARS. There are two other classes that deal with this, a one week or two week course. The database class was a good all around class but did not go into detail in any one certain area. If you would like any more info let me know!

What is the course number for the one week, don't think the company will go for the two week one.

I could not find the course number, but I thought the Instructor had said that there were two different classes for NARS/BARS, one was just BARS and the other two week class was BARS/NARS. The number for global knowledge is 214.576.0200, you might want to give it a call.

They also have this class on line and on CD (0702T & 0702W).

Thanks, I will ask about it when I get there in May.

not exactly a copy, typed it out this morning, boredom is a strange thing.. the prints are modified from my 81.. and i've never been to your web site

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back