Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NameService won't connect

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklane

Programmer
Oct 5, 2004
US
Hi,

When I try to connect to the naming service running on my machine, I'm trying to learn so everything is being hosted on my PC, with a command like:

./client.exe -ORBMulticastDiscoveryEndpoint localhost:10013

the request times out and is not satisfied. If I use a command like:

./client.exe -ORBMulticastDiscoveryEndpoint

it works. This is using ACE+TAO. I found a document that says "if the endpoint isn't specified it defaults to the TAO_DEFAULT_NAME_SERVICE_REQUEST_PORT 10013", which is what I tried to specify in the command line. Will someone please explain this to me? What is the TAO_..._PORT thingee? When I do a printenv it doesn't show up as an environment variable, should it? Maybe my configuration isn't correct because I didn't do everything during the ORB install that I was supposed to. All this is being tried on a PC running XP.

Any help here will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Frank

hi when you use ACE+TAO, you need to know that TAO's naming service use, first naming service its a OMG CORBA service. then you should start the service first. your case is naming_service.exe; its located in:
"ACE_ROOT"\TAO\orbsvcs\Naming_Service(where ACE_ROOT is your ACE_Wrappers path)
then you must start the service without multicast option. why?....you are work on local machine. and TAO's orb is design to work with iiop, (that's mean over internet).
then you start your service with naming_service -ORBEndpoint iiop://127.0.0.1:12345(127.0.0.1 is localhost ip your may try with your name, and 12345 is the port, the port may any number)
client's and server starts the service this way:
client.exe -ORBInitRef NameService=corbaloc:iiop:127.0.0.1:12345/NameService
and server

server.exe -ORBInitRef NameService=corbaloc:iiop:127.0.0.1:12345/NameService

same thing?

......by sorry abot my bad english. i speak spanish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back