Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Names not displayed on outbound calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ski123

Technical User
Mar 21, 2008
US
I have a Nortel / Cisco environment. We see the callers names when people call from Nortel to Nortel or Nortel to Cisco phones. The names are not passed on when making external calls. Is there a setting on the Nortel for this or is it a telco (AT&T) trunk setting. I will mention that all the external trunks connect to the Nortel and we have TIE lines connecting the Nortel to the Cisco. The DID's come into the Nortel and if the number is a Cisco phone it is built as a CDP in the Nortel and routs over the Nortel / Cisco TIE's.

Thanks

Is there a setting on the Nortel to allow the names to display on inccoming calls from the PSTN?

Is it a TIE or a DID ?
If am right only TIE's would pass on the names. Would be better if you can explain the setup in more detail.

I think you will find this is rooted in the D-Channel. The DCH's RCAP Prompt holds things like Network Name

~~
Gene at GHTROUT.com

I have checked the D-channel configuration and foud that the RCAP is currently set for COLP NDS.

Sounds like you have the following config?
Nortel T1 to Cisco router to PSTN ?

you also indicate RCAP has NDS -I would guess IFC = NI2?

To pass name to PSTN - IFC has to be NI2, RCAP with NDS, and PSTN has to be provisioned to allow send and receive of name.

Actually the config is the PSTN DID/DOD trunks come into the Nortel then there are TIE's from the Nortel to Cisco. Any DID that comes in that is a Cisco phone number is built as a CDP on the Nortel then pointed to the Nortel/Cisco Ties's RLI. Would the RCAP and IFC settings you mentioned be the same? Currently we do see the names on internal calls ie Nortel to Nortel or Cisco to Nortel. My customer is interested in seeing the Names on incoming calls not on outbound calls.

Yes IFC need to be NI2 and RCAP = NDS on the T1 that goes to PSTN

However, you need to corrdinate with telco as they need to allow name in and out or just in.
If they do not allow and you send a name (rcap=NDS) call may be rejected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back