Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Names/Info Not Displaying Correctly on Coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

grs033

Technical User
Nov 11, 2011
US
Good Morning,

I'm experiencing an annoying issue regarding calls that go to coverage. I'm sure it's an easy fix which I'm overlooking, but I did a lot of google searching and manual reading and I'm just not finding the answer.

The switch is running G3csiV6, and the issue I'm experiencing is that when an external call goes through an auto attendant vector I have set up, if the option or extension they dial doesn't answer and goes to coverage, the receptionist's phone (an 8434DX) displays the station name which the call is originally intended. This has caused the receptionist to mistakenly answer the phone as if the call was from an internal employee (such as "Hey John" instead of "Thank you for calling..."). The only clues that this was a coverage transfer displaying on the set were the "a=info: 2" and a small "d" at the end of the top line of the display. She now knows to answer appropriately if she sees those items on the display. A similar thing happens on an internal call which goes to coverage. However, in this instance, the display will show
Code:
a=SMITH, JOHN    to                   d
Sorry for using "code", but it was the only way to show the space before the little d.

It was my understanding that on coverage transfers, the systam would show the display info as "a=external trunk name to SMITH, JOHN " or "a=PICARD, JEAN-LUC to RIKER, WILLIAM " on internal calls.

What settings do I need to change to get the display to show these properly? I just can't seem to find the answer anywhere.

Thanks in advance!

Joe,

I'm not seeing anything in cha sys cover regarding names. Is there somewhere else I should be looking?

Here's what I have...

cha_sys_cover_1_cpyxhu.jpg

cha_sys_cover_2_yqhs8k.jpg

Is there anything anyone can think of that I missed?

Look at the station Name to see if there is any Special characters in the name. If so the display will not show correctly.

1a2 to ip I seen it all

1a22ip,

I removed the "," in the name (so it appeared as "SMITH JOHN") and its still doing the same thing with the small d at the very end of the display, and no other information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back