Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Named Anchors and CFLOCATION

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacemonkey125

Programmer
Jun 19, 2001
GB
Hi All

I'm trying to work out how to use a named anchor to go to a specified position on a page using CFLOCATION.

I submit a form, which is processed by another page, which in turn uses CFLOCATION to go back to the form page, showing the updated information. However, the form is some way down the page, so the user has to scroll back down again to see their updated information. I am carrying across a number of variables in the URL.

Here is my CFLOCATION tag:

Code:
<cflocation url=&quot;index.cfm?fuseaction=carlist&brand=#brand#&cartype=#cartype#&##carform&quot; addtoken=&quot;No&quot;>

Using this URL, I am correctly sent back to my form page, but the bookmark is ignored.

Having the &quot;&&quot; before the bookmark looks a bit dodgy to me, but omitting it doesn't work, because the bookmark is then appended to the preceding variable, causing an error. You can't put the bookmark before the variable string either.

This seems like such a simple thing - what am I doing wrong?!

Thanks in advance for your help

Mel

AAARGH!

As often happens, I've solved it as soon as I posted this message.

In case anyone's interested, appending the bookmark to the URL string with an &quot;&&quot; DOES work perfectly. It didn't work for me because I am using Fusebox, and I put the bookmark in the included display page instead of index.cfm.

Cheers! Mel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back