Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

named anchor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bedrock1

Technical User
Jan 27, 2005
US
I'm trying to link to a named anchor from a link on another page.

The link is there, the named anchor is there, all by the book, but.....

Clicking the link takes the user to the proper page, but to the top of the page, not to the anchor.

Has anyone ever had the same problem and know how to correct this situation?

Sounds like the anchor is spelled differently in the two entries. If you enter an invalid anchor but a valid page, it goes to the top of the page.

Greg
"Personally, I am always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught." - Winston Churchill

Good guess, but I checked, spelling is fine, actually, I used the "point to file" method so that possibility should be eliminated. The good news is that for some strange reason, it works now. When I submitted the question I was at work, I redid it at home and now it works fine.

Thanks very much for the reply.

I just made a discovery regarding this. When attempting to preview this in a browser,the pages must be saved before the link works properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back