Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

#Name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marryp

Technical User
May 28, 2001
CA
I get #Name? error on my report. I don't know why I get that from the test machine. I am just running a run-time version of Access 2000 on my test machine. Also some functions are not working. But they work fine with other machines.

I tried to install the full version of Access 2000 in the test machine. Then it worked great. So I uninstalled the Full version of Access and proceed to test the .mde file running against run-time version. The problem with #Name? exists again and some functions don't work again.

Any idea why.

You get #NAME when Access can't find the field that a query is looking for. For example, if you create a query or report which selects a particular field from table X, and then rename that field in the original table, you will receive this error. The first thing I would check is that your queries/reports are structured exactly the same as the tables they call. Cheers.

Actually one of the #Name errors occurred in subreport. The subreport contains just the date function and the name of user.

You are missing one of the dll's which contain the code functions. make sure you include these files in the setup wizard.

You can find the files by opening a code module and looking at the Tools/References menu. The ones with ticks must be installed.

Thanks it is working now. I just unchecked the other reference I don't need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back