Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Name On The Security Certificate Is Invalid using Exchange 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomofla

MIS
Dec 10, 2012
US
I searched this topic on this site, and I got a few similar threads, but don't know how to fix the problem. The problem my LAN email users have is that pop-up "Security Alert....The name on the security certificate is invalid or does not match the name of the site". I see the problem, but don't know how to fix, because my LAN users connecting to the Exchange 2007 with the server name "sbfexc01.sandberg.local", and the SSL Certificate for OWA users is "webmail.sandbergfurniture.com".

I am reading more about "autodiscovery", is this my problem? Can anyone shine some light to a blind man?

You need to accomplish what this article describes:

1) Create a new internal DNS zone/record that maps "webmail.sandbergfurniture.com" to an internal IP address.

2) Change all your virtual directory internal URLs to be the same as your external URLS:
3) Use this command: get-clientaccessserver | set-clientaccessserver -autodiscoverinternalURI
Dave Shackelford
ThirdTier.net
TrainSignal.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back