Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Name of disk in event message

Status
Not open for further replies.

eMHa

MIS
Aug 30, 2000
SK
Hello everybody.

I have one question. Is it possible to show in event message name (or mount point) of disk from HP-UX machine which was overfull ?

I am watching utilization of disks (parameter Disk%Util), but I'm able to pass to message "fileSystemID1" only (via parameter $6). In MIB browser is possible to see also name and mount point of disk so I suppose that system should know this information.

Don't you know anybody if is it possible and if, than how?
I'm using NNM B.06.10 on WIN NT platform.

Thanx, eMHa

my gut feeling on this is no... the parameters listed in the event configuration, plus a few generic system variables are all the info available to the event. An event is not the same thing as a mib, a mib represents a table of information available to get or set on the snmp device... an event is an internal mechanism to openview, generated upon a certain condition (this could be a trap from a device, or another nnm event, etc...) consequently, since it is generated by nnm _on the nnm system_, only certain information will be available to it. don't take my word for gospel however, if you've purchased nnm in the last year you got a year of support with it... if you have a support id, call their support line at 800-633-3600 and double check.

hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back