Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

#Name? error on report control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prattdakota

Vendor
Jan 10, 2003
US
I have a report which has enough controls on it to make the report go to a second page. In the "Page Header" section of the report I have a control which displays one of the columns of a combo box from the selection form I created. This page header prints on both pages.

When I bring up the report, the page header control correctly displays the data from the combo box column on the first page. On the second page of the report the control shows a #Name? error in that same control.

It seems to me that if it shows it correctly on the first page it should show it correctly on the second page.

Any advice on what may be happening here would be appreciated.

Thanks

Did you close the selection form before closing the report ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

Hi PH,

No, I leave the selection form open when opening and closing the report. Would it make a difference if I left the selection form open when CLOSING the report?

Since the control on the report shows the correct value on page 1 but not page 2 I am mystified.

Thanks for the reply.

Do you have the control source of the control set to something like:
=[Forms]![Form1]![Combo0].[column](1)

I made a sample form and report like you described, and the control displayed the correct information on page 1 and page 2. I am using Access 2007. What version of Access are you using?

In print preview, you said that the control displays the correct value on page 1, but when you browse to page 2, the control contains #NAME?. What happens if you browse back to page 1?

LISAWAY,

Thanks for the suggestion. My control source does have the correct format as you have pointed out. So, I think I'm good there.

In calling this report, I have one form (multiple report selection) which invokes the selection form for my report in hidden mode before opening the report itself. In investigating the issue as you have, I discovered that by opening the form directly the control seems to work. There may be something about having the selection form in hidden mode that is causing the problem.

Thanks for your help. I'll let you know if I solve the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back