Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Name Error in Form

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyrant007

IS-IT--Management
Jan 28, 2004
US
I have a form that is supposed to go to a table and bring in the value of a cost IF the study and visit number match. This doesn't seem that difficult, but I keep getting a name error. If there is a problem with my code below, please let me know. I may just try running a query if all else fails. Thanks alot! - Matt -

=IIf(([Study]=[Procedure_Cost_Per_Subject_per_Visit]![Study] And [Procedure_Cost_Per_Subject_per_Visit]![Visit #]=1),[Procedure_Cost_Per_Subject_per_Visit]![1 budgeted cost],"0.00")

Matt,

Try putting a few more parens in your formula -

=IIf(([Study]=[Procedure_Cost_Per_Subject_per_Visit]![Study]) And ([Procedure_Cost_Per_Subject_per_Visit]![Visit #]=1),[Procedure_Cost_Per_Subject_per_Visit]![1 budgeted cost],"0.00")))

HTH,

Steve

Are you putting your 'IIF' line in the record source of the text box or is it an expression in your recordset?

Its in the control source of the text box.

I had this same problem. I had to invode the query builder for the record source of the form and create an expression using the exact code that I had in the controlsource of the text box. Then assigned the expression field to that text box.

I don't have a query, im just pulling it from a table. If I did the if/then from the query does it work better? I made my statement in the expression builder, so im sure the names are right. I may end up calling Microsoft today. I've looked on technet and havent found anything that can help. Thanks for looking at this.

I had the a very similar situation to what you described. Sometime it worked fine but some times the text box said #Name. I put the IIF statement in the query and haven't had a problem since (about 3 weeks).

Thanks for the idea. I put my statement in the criteria of the box I want to update and the query gets no errors!!! The only problem now is it just pulls the null values from the blank table that I want to update. Ive tried an update and append query and it does the same thing. Where did you put your IIF statement in the query?

I put it in where the fields go. I just used the build expression wizard. Try using the criteria area to filter the null ie:

<> Null

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back