Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Name Display 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revolution1200

Programmer
Sep 29, 2005
GB
Hi All,

I am trying to setup a company helpdesk number which will route through CC6, this will be used by both internal and external employees.

I am looking for the phone to display "Helpdesk Call" when a call comes through on this line, and this works fine for an external call - shows up using the correct CDN name.

However if an internal employee dials this there extension name shows up instead of the CDN name.

Is there anyway switch feature to force the CDN name to display for internal calls?

Option 11, 4.5
CC6.

Kind Regards

Stuart

so you want the answering party to know the internal caller dialed the help desk cdn? maybe give it a unique dn on the set.. or i might look at symposium to see if i could force the dialed cdn to display... that or maybe give look at giving it a unique ring...

we have an internal code blue number that rings on 6 stations... by using a unique ring for that line the operators know that the call is a code blue prior to answer of even looking at there stations... i did not run that through symposium but added a second phone for each operator (2616) so that if the switch is processing calls on a single group, at least one phone rings...

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Hi John,

Thank you for your response,

Just to confirm, If i was looking to put on a distinctive ring, where would i do this?

Would this affect the main extension number on the phone?

I will also have a look in symposium to see if I can force the name display.

Kind Regards

Stuart

cls drda.. that gives you a distinctive ring per line... i would use a non did (here a 6 digit) mcr or scr key for that cdn dfdn, make sure the set is tdd then add the drda, to add that to a working set, reenter the key (key 0 mcr xxxx) then you get ring tone options for that line

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

If your helpdesk number is 2345 and I call 2345, can't you assume I'm calling the helpdesk when you see my name, otherwise way would I be calling 2345?

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Hi Ace,

I know this all seems like a lot of work, (Managements DR Project)

They prefered to see the name Helpdesk show up on the display.

I am not sure how much any of this system is going to be used in any case, but managment wants this setup in case our intranet helpdesk system goes down!

I will give Johns method a try - that should keep them happy.

R. Stuart?? ...this is McGee.

Anyway, if you are not, then I will offer a suggestion anyway :)

Can you create the 'Help Desk' number (2345) as a Phantom DN, assign the name in LD 95. Then use LD 49, IDC to target the phantom number, pick up the Name from LD 95 for external calls, then when you dial the 2345 internally, it should pickup the Help Desk name also.

The phantom number of 2345 would be FTR DCFW 4 xxxx (your real Help Desk extn #).

Let me know if this works.

...if this is R. I owe you a resume, just been busy, I will send one.

SMILE! ...your friends will return it; and it will confuse the devil out of those who are Not!

The Help Desk at my last job wanted the same thing. While this may have been suggested, the agent TN having:

CLS DNDA CNDD is what worked for us...

Dialed Number Display Allow
Calling Number Display Deny

If user Joe Smith at 2345 dials the Help Desk at 4357, then the Help Desk Agent will see:

2345 4357 Help Desk

GHTROUT.com | FAQs | Recent Replies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back