Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Name Display on call from Meridian Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

equium

Programmer
Feb 8, 2005
US
Here's the scenario:
800 Call is presented to PBX via T-1
DNIS (1532) digits are received
DNIS (1532) converted to 5032 via IDC table
5032 is an ACDN that is NCFW to Voicemail
In Meridian Mail:
5032 is a TD controller
Caller is given menu options
Option 2 is to be transferred (Call) DN 6132
DN 6132 is an MCR on several phones
Here is what the users want: when a call is presented to MCR 6132 from the Merdian Mail (as shown above) they want to see a name on the phone's display.
any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

What do you receive now on 6132?

DNIS can have a name. LD 95 NEW,NAME,DCNO "IDC Table #", then give 1532 and a name. In the entering route LD 16 RDB,DNAM YES.

Try it. Maybe the IDC could be lost by tranfering through MMail

the switch will see 5032 as the dialed dn, either make that a phantom dn, which you can name or find a way to name the acd-dn.. at one time you could name that, not at work so i don't know if you still can.. idc the about the only way i know to spoof the switch as to original dialed dn.. it see's the output side of that table not the dnis.. on one site i had to send the call out and back in on a back to back pri to clear that dn.. we had a paraphonics in the mix and that had to see it's acdn as the dialed dn.. the menu (rolm phone mail) sent the call out the pri, back in with an atdn of the paraphonies... there's always a way

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

What name do they want? CNDA is Callers Name/number DNDA is "the number they dialed"

don't use them both - just one or the other

DNDA CNDD will tell you what selection they made, CNDA DNDD will tell you who is calling

~

You can name an ACD DN just like any other dn in ld 95.

It Works now thanks to dlesap and his suggestion to look at LD 16 RDB,DNAM YES. DNAM defualt=NO, Changed it to YES and it worked fine. I have several very happy call center managers.
Thanks to all that replied.

Outstanding dlesap (and the others who woulda posted it before my having a clue), I've never even poked into that prompt. Now I will. Thanks from me too

~

No problem GHTROUT. If anyone there able to remember all Meridian prompts, it's a liar...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back